This April at the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland, a group of visionary activists (Bill McKibben, Vandana Shiva, Charles Eisenstein and many more) will be convening around the topic of “Climate Change and Consciousness.”
Their presentations will be made available via video to local hubs across the globe, including the Berkshire hub co-convened by Rosa Zubizarreta and Jennifer Browdy.
With the hope of drawing many diverse voices into conversation around the theme of “Climate Change & Consciousness,” you are invited to submit a short piece of writing in any genre responding to the theme, for possible publication in the Spring 2019 edition of Fired Up!
Here are some questions to get you thinking:
- How is climate change not just a scientific issue, but also a spiritual and ethical one?
- How does the disruption of the climate mirror and reflect disruptions in our social systems?
- What kinds of consciousness are needed to bring our social and physical climate back into balance?
- How is consciousness related to action and activism around climate change?
- How can we imagine and co-create a better world for future generations?
Deadline: April 1, 2019
Length: 5-minute presentation maximum (750 words)
Format: Poetry or prose, fiction or non-fiction.
Attachments: Please include a short bio (100 words max) and a head shot of yourself.
Email submissions to: Jennifer@Jenniferbrowdy.com
If you live within striking distance of Great Barrington, Massachusetts, you are also welcome to read your piece, if accepted, at a curated reading on April 16 at 7 pm at Deb Koffman’s Artspace in Housatonic MA.